What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They’re used for many things, such as helping us to work out how many website visitors we get each month. They contain information about your use on our site but don’t include personal information about you (they don’t store your name, for instance).
Any changes to this policy will be posted here. We reserve the right to vary our policy from time to time and such changes shall become effective as soon as they are posted. Your continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to all such changes.
The information we gather through cookies enable us to improve services for you by:
• measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are quick
• analyse anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with the services so we can make them better
You can manage cookies by controlling which cookies are saved or by deleting them, if you wish.
How to disable/manage cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through browser settings.
If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from. Under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored.
These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser – remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
• Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE – the mobile version is at http:/ /www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
• Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
• Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions)
• Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
• Blackberry: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/ 32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
• Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
• Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
We use two kinds of cookies on this site, analytics and third-party service cookies.
Analytics monitor how visitors move around the website and how they reached it. This is used so that we can see total (not individual) figures on which types of content users enjoy most.
You can opt out of these if you want:
Social sharing, video and other services we offer are run by other companies. These companies may drop cookies on your computer when you use them on our site or if you are already logged in to them